HotSwap does the same thing as you can remove device from Device Manager but it provides much friendly user interface as you remove the removable device from the “Safely Remove Hardware” icon in the notification area. It also ensures that all data are written and flushed to the disk before the device to be hot-swapped, so you can use SATA/eSATA drive as a removable device much alike USB/IEEE1394 drive.
- Friendly user interface equivalent to the “Safely Remove Hardware” icon in the notification area.
- Ensures all volumes on the drive are not in use before removing it.
- Spin-down the drive to remove the drive in safe.
- Also support a drive other than fixed disk drive.
- Supports the command line mode to run without graphical user interface.
- Multilingual user interface.
Supported Hardware and OS
- Windows Vista / 7 / Server 2008 / 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Silicon Image SATA Host Controller (SiI3112A, SiI3114, SiI3132, etc)
- Silicon Image SATA-PATA (Parallel ATA) Bridge Controller (SiI3611)
- SATA Host Controller (AHCI mode enabled in BIOS) (e.g. Intel Controller Hub (ICH), JMicron JMB363)
- If Silicon Image controller is used, the driver will spin-down the drive upon device removable.