Redo Backup and Recovery is a GPLv3 Perl script built with a GTK2+ interface designed in Glade. It is simply a front end to partclone, which performs the actual backup and restore. The live CD is built on Ubuntu to provide a graphical user interface and unmodified binaries of each program, but the script will run on any Linux platform that has the required programs installed. The Perl source code for the backup script is contained on the live CD itself.
Redo doesn’t need Windows. Download and burn the ISO, place it in your CD-ROM drive, and reboot your machine. The system will load a complete mini operating system with a point-and-click user interface into your computer’s memory, without writing any information to your hard drive.
- Easy graphical user interface boots from CD in less than a minute
- No installation needed; runs from a CD-ROM or a USB stick
- Saves and restores Windows and Linux machines
- Automatically finds local network shares
- Access your files even if you can’t log in
- Recover deleted pictures, documents, and other files
- Internet access with a full-featured browser to download drivers
- Live CD download size is only about 250MB
Works with Windows or Linux