WinPatrol’s top feature is how it monitors and allows you to review the programs that automatically launch when you start Windows. Any type of program determined to infect your system will most likely appear on Startup Programs list. This list is essential to detecting nasty software such as trojans, worms, spyware, adware or other programs that may insert themselves into your PC’s auto-startup locations.
The first time you run WinPatrol Scotty the Watch Dog will review a list of these special Startup Programs. The startup commands for these programs can be found in the Windows Registry, the WIN.INI file, your Windows Startup Folder, within some system files and other internal system areas.
WinPatrol monitors and displays more locations then your typical programs of its type including MSConfig. To view a complete list of locations monitored by WinPatrol, check the box which says ”  Include Secret Startup Locations“.
Free version Features:
- Detect and Review New Auto-Startup Programs
- Alerted you to New Brower Add-Ons like BHO’s and Tool Bars
- Alerts you to newly installed Window Services
- Alerts you to creation of Scheduled Tasks
- Alerts you and Locks Changes to File Type Associations
- Alerts you to newly registered ActiveX components
- Alerts you to changes in IE Home and Search pages
- Add/Remove and Review Auto-Startup Programs
- Review and Remove Hidden Files
- Multiple System Report Options
- And many more …etc