WiFi Hopper is a WLAN utility that combines the features of a Network Discovery and Site Survey tool with a Connection Manager.
Sporting a comprehensive arsenal of network details, filters, RSSI graphing and built-in GPS support, WiFi Hopper is invaluable for identification and advanced characterization of neighboring wireless devices.
Additionally, WiFi Hopper can connect to unsecured, WEP, WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK networks directly from within the application. With editable network profiles and dedicated Connection Manager execution mode, WiFi Hopper can be used as a significantly more transparent replacement for Windows and manufacturer-provided wireless clients.
WiFi Hopper encompasses a feature set aimed for a wide variety of audiences including Wireless Network Administrators, Security Professionals, Programmers, QA Engineers and Power Users.
Before downloading WiFi Hopper, please make sure that your setup meets the following requirements:
- Only 32-bit Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows XP SP2 (or higher) and Windows 2000 SP4 (or higher) are supported.
- Wireless Networking Device is required for any scanning or connectivity operation.
- Wireless Device must have drivers that support WPA to connect to WPA-PSK networks.
- Wireless Device must have drivers that support WPA2 to connect to WPA2-PSK networks.
- Wireless Device must support 802.11a to scan for or connect to 802.11a based networks.
- GPS support requires a GPS device capable of providing NMEA 0183 sentences on a serial port.