At the end of the course, students are expected to be able to
- explain how computer networks are organized.
- describe the Internet structure and explain how standard problems are solved in that context.
- analyze simple protocols with respect to correctness, performance, reliability and security.
- recognize and describe security requirements of networking scenarios
- identify security technologies that can help alleviate security issues
- combine these technologies in a basic network security design
- study literature on computer networks and security and provide critical evaluation in writing.