AIDE (Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment) is a file and directory integrity checker.
- supported message digest algorithms: md5, sha1, rmd160, tiger, crc32, sha256, sha512, whirlpool (additionally with libmhash: gost, haval, crc32b)
- supported file attributes: File type, Permissions, Inode, Uid, Gid, Link name, Size, Block count, Number of links, Mtime, Ctime and Atime
- support for Posix ACL, SELinux, XAttrs and Extended file system attributes if support is compiled in
- plain text configuration files and database for simplicity
- powerful regular expression support to selectively include or exclude files and directories to be monitored
- gzip database compression if zlib support is compiled in
- stand alone static binary for easy client/server monitoring configurations
- and many more
Basically AIDE runs on any modern Unix. Below is a table of platforms people has tested AIDE (compiled with standard options).
|Linux 2.6||15.x||Hannes von Haugwitz||none|
|Solaris 10/OpenSolaris||unknown||wanted||see README|
|Mac OS X Leopard||unknown||wanted||see README|