MUST HAVE TOOLS
The following tools is a must have tools for anyone works in computer security field , it should be kept in a save encrypted container inside our flash memory , all of these tools can run without installation under Windows OS.
Portable Application Packages
- PortableApps.com: is the world’s most popular portable software solution allowing you to take your favorite software with you. A fully open source and free platform, it works on any portable storage device (USB flash drive, iPod, memory card, portable hard drive, etc) as well as local storage and cloud storage options.
- Lupo PenSuite: is a completely free suite of portable programs and games. This Suite is designed to simplify the user’s life, by collecting the best suites and portable applications available on the Web.
- Liberkey:In all areas : Audio, Video, Graphics, Internet, Games, Security, Education, System, etc.
- OpenDisc, 1.57 GB | http://www.theopendisc.com
- NirLauncher is a package of more than 180 portable freeware utilities for Windows®, all of them developed for NirSoft Web site during the last few years | http://launcher.nirsoft.net
- Sysinternals Suite, All Sysinternals Utilities in one package | https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb842062.aspx
- Neo’s SafeKeys: Portable virtual keyboard that encrypt all your keystroke and prevent key-loggers from intercepting your passwords and IDs , tested and can defeat most software key-loggers available.
- KeyScrambler (FireFox Addons): KeyScrambler Personal protects everything in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Flock.
- ClamWin Portable: ClamWin is a Free Antivirus for Microsoft Windows. It provides a graphical user interface to the Clam AntiVirus engine.
- Dr.Web CureIt: is a standalone anti-virus and anti-spyware scanner that scans your PC for viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, hack tools, rootkits, and other malware. The program does not require an installation and can be run from a USB drive.
System Hacking Tools
- System Internals: The Sysinternals Troubleshooting Utilities have been rolled up into a single Suite of tools. This file contains the individual troubleshooting tools and help files.
- Key Tweak(Keyboard mapping): Lets you remap your keyboard keys to different one (for example direct “SHITF” Key to the “ESCAPE” Button.
- Restoration: is an easy to use and straight forward tool to undelete files that were removed from the recycle bin or directly deleted from within Windows.
- Dependency Walker: scans any 32-bit or 64-bit Windows module (exe, dll, ocx, sys, etc.) and builds a hierarchical tree diagram of all dependent modules
- Lads:This program lists all alternate data streams of an NTFS directory.
- Eraser Portable: is a secure file-deletion and data wiping utility.
- CCleaner: Make your PC faster and more safe.
[email protected]$$w0rd Cracking Tools
- pwdump7: is a new Password dumper for windows that allows to extract LM and NTLM Hashe from SAM files.
- Ophcrack: Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables.
- Offline NT Password & Registry Editor: Reset admin passwords on windows based machines.
- Kon-Boot: is an application which will silently bypass the authentication process of Windows based operating systems.Without overwriting your old password.
- LCP: Main purpose of LCP program is user account passwords auditing and recovery in Windows NT/2000/XP/2003.
- RockXP: is a tool that allows you to retrieve password.
- IE PassView: is a small password management utility that reveals the passwords stored by Internet Explorer Web browser, and allows you to delete passwords that you don’t need anymore. It supports all versions of Internet Explorer, from version 4.0 and up to 9.0.
- Mail PassViewis a small password-recovery tool that reveals the passwords and other account details for the most email clients (outlook , Eudora , Thunderbird ..etc)
- ProduKey is a small utility that displays the ProductID and the CD-Key of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office 2007), Windows (Including Windows 7 and Windows Vista), Exchange Server, and SQL Server installed on your computer.
- BulletsPassView: is a password recovery tool that reveals the passwords stored behind the bullets in the standard password text-box of Windows operating system and Internet Explorer Web browser. After revealing the passwords, you can easily copy them to the clipboard or save them into text/html/csv/xml file.
- SniffPass is small password monitoring software that listens to your network, capture the passwords that pass through your network adapter, and display them on the screen instantly.
- PasswordFox is a small password recovery tool that allows you to view the user names and passwords stored by Mozilla Firefox Web browser.
- Tor Browser: The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
- Pidgin IM: Make chat and sign in from different accounts from your USB pen drive.
- Pidgin-OTR Portable: Enable making private conversation using OTR encryption plugin.
Anonymous file sharing
- OnionShare: is an open source tool that lets you securely and anonymously share a file of any size.
- Truecrypt: Free open-source disk encryption software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux
- KeePass: is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file.
Network Security Tools
- Abel & Cain: This is the portable version of the famous Networking hacking Tool [could also be used in password cracking].
- PuTTY: PuTTY is a lightweight telnet and SSH client for Windows, along with an xterm terminal emulator. It allows you to securely connect to your systems while on the go.
- Follow Me IP: Display External IP address.
- Wireshark: Wireshark is the world’s foremost network protocol analyzer. It lets you capture and interactively browse the traffic running on a computer network.
- Process Hacker: is a feature-packed tool for managing processes and services on your computer.
- PrcView: is a process viewer utility that displays detailed information about processes running under Windows.
Portable Operating Systems
Slax is a modern, portable, small and fast Linux operating system with a modular approach and outstanding design.
- Ubuntu: Fast, secure and stylishly simple, the Ubuntu operating system is used by 20 million people worldwide every day.
- CrunchBang: is a Debian GNU/Linux based distribution offering a great blend of speed, style and substance.
- Damn Small Linux: is a very versatile 50MB mini desktop oriented Linux distribution.
- Notepad++ Portable: is the handy Notepad++ text editor packaged as a portable app so you can do your development on the go.
- RJ TextEd: is a full featured text and source editor with Unicode support.
- HJSplit is a popular freeware program to split and recombine files.